Mask in a cup – Face Mask Fun!
As I’ve been talking about mud masks quite a bit this week I thought I’d finish with something a little novel. While on my travels I spotted this little beauty and decided to give it a whirl. It is a dry mask in a cup that you take home, add in your water then use! This caught my eye for its eye-catching and cohesive branding and food-like packaging and a quick read of the ingredients list show this to be a simple, elegant skin treatment solution for the short-of-time beauty chef. You really could go to town with this!
I opted to just follow the instructions – add water, mix and use.
But my imagination and bit of chemical knowledge tells me that there is much more you could do to ‘pimp’ this base.
- Add hydrosol, floral water or aloe vera gel to hydrate for extra benefits.
- Add essential oils for some aromatic bliss – given the dry weight of this (35g) plus recommended water addition (30g) I would add no more than 0.3ml (or approx. 6 drops)
- Pop in a little glycerine (around 3 g) for a more hydrating finish (this dries rock hard)
- Dry blend in a little of your favourite exfoliant (around 1.5g) then hydrate for an extra cleansing finish.
- For a more hydrating blend again add your favourite carrier oil (Jojoba, Rice Bran, Coconut) instead of water and mix.
While I do like this product very much I have to say that there are a couple of things that could make it even better (in my opinion).
- There is way too much in here for one so you will either end up wasting about 1/2 or you need to get a friend over to play!
- The cup doesn’t seem to be recyclable which is a shame for a one-use product as this could end up being quite an environmental burden.
- It is recommended that you only store the hydrated product for up to 2 days before disposing of any unused mask. This doesn’t allow you to use one cup for the recommended twice-a-week treatment which is a shame.
- It seems quite expensive but I do understand why.
Overall though I do think that this is a great product concept and one which could grow and grow as our love of food-style-cosmetics grows.
Ingredients include: Green Clay, White Clay, Pomegranate Extract and Spirulina.
This is 100% natural and is available from mask in a cup.